Little Sicily Shares All...





Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chicago...the best city ever!

Friday was my day off (every other Friday I have off!!!!) so, after working out, I decided I was going to go to the City and pretend to be a tourist for the day. I actually do it a few times a year, and it is always such a fun day for me. I like to go alone- that way I don’t have to worry about what anyone else wants to do- it’s all about me.

I went up to the Hancock Observation Deck and took lots of fun pictures, walked around a lot, got the yummiest Intense Dark Mint Sundae from Ghirardelli Chocolate. I was randomly walking and I found the “Regale Beagle (anyone who watched Three’s Company knows what I’m talking about). I went inside because I was curious…the actual bar did look like the one on the show, but everything else was sort of a disappointment. I thought I was going to walk into the 70s, but I did not get that feeling. It was cool though…it could just use some improvements!


For lunch I went to Pierrot Gourment, it is a little café that is attached to the Peninsula Hotel. The food was delicious!! I had a cup of Shrimp Corn Chowder- by far the best soup that I have ever had. I was so impressed. My meal was this French flat bread with pesto, onions, and shrimp. Also very scrumptious! It was the best $30 lunch (without alcohol) that I have ever had.
Looking North from the Hancock

View of Navy Pier From the Hancock


The Regale Beagle

Can you find the buiding that looks like a flask?

9 comments:

jeanette nicole* said...

GORGEOUS PICS! I <3 my City so much! :)

Mara said...

I love Chicago! If the winters didn't last from October to May, I would consider living there...

Lisa said...

Agreed.

Though I also agree with M.J. that the winters last far far too long.

MJW said...

I love Chitown!!! Someday I'll live there and it could be soon. :)

Jeney Peney said...

I grew up in Chicago... I miss it sooo much!

As much as cold weather sucks -- winters are great in Chicago! Downtown is simply gorgeous with all the snow and lights!

Children of the 90s said...

I'm so jealous, I was all set to move to Chi last year after graduation and ended up in Dallas instead. I love the pictures!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Nice! Those pictures are awesome!!

JD said...

I will be living there in 3days! so awesome...

Children of the 90s said...

PS I tagged you in a meme if you're interested. Check out my blog for details :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker