Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, April 20, 2009

Sister time

I had a great weekend hanging with my sisters! It was so much fun, and reminded me of the good old days when we all lived at home. When we would spend hours together, shooting the shit and goofing off. The days prior to the stresses of adult life; mortgage payments, houses to clean, husbands, stress, and responsibility. All the wonderful things that we get to deal with all a daily basis…ehhh.

Friday was our cousin dinner. We went to Cabana Charlie’s in Woodridge. It has been my favorite place lately because they have sweet potato fries. I’m such a nerd! There was lots of talking and lots of drinking. After dinner we went to Pazzos, which changed its name over a year ago, but I don’t care- it will always be Pazzos to me. More drinking, a lot more drinking, I’m sure that I acted a fool and gave TMI. My sister’s have banned me from telling any story that begins with “this one time when I was in college….”

Saturday…I woke up not really remembering all that had happened…oops. That is always a classic sign that you have had a little too much to drink. Hangover? Not so much, I’m lucky I don’t get them; I always drink a glass of water before going to sleep- works like a charm every time. Though I was not hung over, I was still half drunk and asleep when my sister’s dragged me out the door to make it to our eyebrow waxing appointment. All the alcohol in my system helped me out…I barely felt a thing!

The remainder of the day was spent shopping…yes, that is defiantly one of our favorite pass times. It was actually one of the most fun shopping adventures that I have had. Drunken shopping fun…who would of known?

Highlights:

Walking around Hobby Lobby with a blue foam visor (my sister’s idea).

Playing with all the decorative grapes, adding my own special touches. I should have been a decorator.

My sisters coming up with awesome ideas on how to redecorate kitchen and bedroom: Myriads, geckos, lizards, garden decorations, dogs, monkeys, golf, seashells, and walruses. It’s amazing how Home Goods would be able to furnish it all!

Laughing hysterically with and at my sisters.

People staring at us because we are loud and laughing hysterically at the most random stuff.


Portillos and Starbucks…yummy! It was first beef sandwich in probably 4 years…it was so damn good.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hey Dani,
I'm Kimmy and came across your blog via blogcatalog. Love your writing and this post in particular about your sisters.
I have four and they're hilariously priceless. We have some of the same misadventures!
Anyway, just wanted to say hey and love your blog!

MJW said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time. I love days like that! Good pointer about eye waxing. I'll have to keep that in mind next time! :)

OmegaRadium said...

you've never had too much to drink until you're throwing up. :P
Waking up drunk and dealing with the grogginess is one of the funniest feelings in the world. ^_^

 
eXTReMe Tracker