Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, April 17, 2009

Light as a feather, stiff as a board

Tonight I have a sister/cousin dinner and sleepover, with my 2 sisters and my 2 cousins. When I was younger, we would hang out with them all the time- along with our 8 other cousins. Whether it be a holiday, a birthday, or just a random together. It was so much fun to have everyone around. As we got older, the families started to drift apart. Some moved to different states and some just stopped talking to each other.

Most of them are 3rd cousins…I’m Italian so you can be my 10th cousin and still be consider close family. Even though we are 3rd cousins, we all have/had the same last name. My grandpa and his brother married my grandma and her sister. How cute is that! I’ve always thought that it was super adorable…granted, I think it has everything to do with the times…you needed chaperons for your dates!

I wish that we (the children) would have been able to keep in touch better throughout the years. Facebook and myspace have really actually helped to bring us closer together- that and the death of our grandparents/great uncles. I think that it is very sad the death brought us closer together again, but at the same time I’m glad that it did. I love my cousins- they are good people and fun to hang out with.

They were joking about freezing bras…taking it back to 7th grade! So I will make sure that I’m not the first one to pass out…lol. I also suggested that we play light as a feather, stiff as a board…but no one responded to that one. Was it just my friends and I that would play that game? I thought it was a staple to jr. high sleepovers…

2 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

I know I've heard of that game being played at sleepovers, but I don't recall what it is exactly.
Ah well, glad you had fun.

Children of the 90s said...

Ah we used to play that at sleepovers ALL the time! Someone would tell some sort of like ghost story and we'd chant, "light as a feather, stiff as a board" and try to lift them off the ground with our fingertips. We always swore it worked, but I can't imagine how that's possible!

 
eXTReMe Tracker