Little Sicily Shares All...





Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My goal is 310,000




I have decided that I am going to track my steps for 31 days. Starting from April 6th to May 6th, my goal is to reach 10,000 steps a day, which is equivalent to 5 miles a day. I was inspired by Lisa from Like a Valentine, who is walking/running a 100 miles in 60 days. It doesn’t matter what I do, whether it be walk, run, bike, aerobic, or non aerobic. I own the best pedometer, the OMRON, and it will track every single step that I take.


Features of the OMRON:
· The unique dual accelerometer sensors let you carry your pedometer in your pocket or bag
· Measures steps, aerobic movement, calories and distance
· Separately displays aerobic steps and minutes walked more than 10 minutes continuously
· 7 day history lets you review a full week of exercise
· Resets at midnight automatically so it's ready to go every morning
· Large display
· Includes Clock
· Detachable belt holder and security strap


I have had the pedometer for over a year. I’m on the wellness committee at my work and I started a walking program last year. Ever since, I have worn my pedometer religiously. I’m lost and feel naked without…hehehe. It really is a great investment!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh, good luck!
Unfortunately I've been pretty sick for the past few days and my progress at the moment is not so good. :(

jeanette nicole* said...

This is a fun idea. Hm. I may do something similar one of these days! :)

Jeney Peney said...

Good luck! I started training for a 10K on Monday...

Tis the time to get in shape, eh? :-)

 
eXTReMe Tracker