Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, May 4, 2009

Unless you donate $125 or more no shirt for you

On Sunday morning I was in the MS Walk in Naperville. It was a beautiful sunny day, so I was very happy and excited. It was a 2.5 mile walk around the River Walk and downtown area. Last year there were about 1500 people that came out for the walk, and I would not be surprised if there were even more this year.

Last year a group of us started to walk for a bunch of charities; it will continue on this year. I think that they are great events to part take in. I am a huge believer in the sciences and research helps to find cures. It is also nice to be out and about in the community with hundreds or thousands of others who are all there for the purpose of helping. I love the way that people interact with strangers at charity walks...everyone is nice, friendly, and willing to talk.

I hope that this one was the first of many!



1 comments:

Kylie said...

What better way to help people and get excercise than on a beautiful walk.

 
eXTReMe Tracker