Little Sicily Shares All...





Sunday, May 24, 2009

The power of the bike


All day today I was being lazy and felt bla and unmotivated. My friend showed up unannounced on bike and motivated me into riding. It's the first bike ride of the season for me. My tires were in need of some air, and I just hadn't gotten around to it. However, I finally pumped some air in, and was on my way. It was so wonderful; I had forgotten how much I loved riding.

Two years ago, the ex finance and I bought bikes together, and we would go riding together all of the time. It was our fun thing to do. Last summer it was werid for me to bike. It was something that he had gotten me so into and it mad me some what sad to go on rides. Now that I have no emotional ties left, biking is what it used to be to me...fun, exciting, adventures, and an escape.

I plan on going on many a bike ride this year...

4 comments:

Mr. Condescending said...

jeez i think i forgot how to ride one. sounds fun though!

OmegaRadium said...

I've been really into bike riding these past few weeks. I hadn't been in quite a while, and in an effort to impress a girl I went bike riding with her. As usual, nothing ever happened with the girl, but she did reignite my love of biking. I ride every chance I get. See you on the bike trails! :)

floreta said...

glad that memory didn't last! i hate when that happens.. you should be able to enjoy things without it being tied to bad memories :( i don't have a bike but i've been really wanting one.

3L said...

I've been thinking of biking again. I have not had my own bike since I was a kid but I miss it. When I think of those times a feeling of peace and joy wash over me. I don't know why biking is that way but it is a great escape.

Glad to see that the memories don't stop you from doing the things you love.

 
eXTReMe Tracker