Little Sicily Shares All...





Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quote of the day

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
-Epictetus

What a smart man he was. I think that people (myself) included would be so much happier if I remembered on a daily basis to be happy for what I do have and for how lucky I have been in my life. Compared to thinking about all the things that I don't have and wish I did. How silly it is to waste time being disappointed in what I don't have, instead of being happy and grateful for what I do have.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I need to do more of this too. Good quote :)

Kylie said...

SO very very true!
Here lately I have had trouble being thankful for what I do have instead of dwelling on what I wish I had.
Thanks for the pick-me-up!

3L said...

This is the definition of joy. Being present in the moment and appreciating what you have.

 
eXTReMe Tracker