Little Sicily Shares All...





Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quote of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller

I must say that I agree with Ms. Keller on this; either you go out and experience all that this world has to offer, or you experience nothing. I actually had a conversation about this during the weekend. If you don’t experience new things, have adventures, and go outside of your normal comfort bubble, you will never grow.

I think that it is important to experience new things all the time. I force myself outside of my comfort zone so that I can have new adventures. Doing the same thing over and over is boring, and there is not a lot learned in the process. Plus, I love having fun stories to share! I don’t want to live my life wishing that I had done more, I don’t want to think about doing things, I want to do them and experience them…now.

This is my time; I’m young, unwed, and childless. If I don’t go out, play, and absorb as much as possible now, how will I when I have real responsibility?

7 comments:

Children of the 90s said...

I totally agree--there's only so much time you'll be young and single and have so little to tie you down. Live it up :)

Miss Rosa said...

Yay! Get out there and LIVE!

Mr. Condescending said...

yes, go nuts!!

Culture Served Raw said...

Very insightful post today Dani, really enjoyed reading this and most certainly agree with much of what you've said - a young person's philosophy that hopefully won't fade with the years :(

Val

OmegaRadium said...

Agreed, lets live!

Anonymous said...

your blog is great! totally agree. i think i started to live life with that kind of thinking when i was 17 and decided to have an adventure in paris on my own. it freaked my family out but i came back unharmed and with a new look on life.

3L said...

That is fantastic, I mean the quote and your post. I use to think living was doing what you know was right and safe. The I looked up and realized I missed about 10 years of my life. I'm working on this in my own weird way but this concept is still a little difficult for me.

 
eXTReMe Tracker