Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, May 1, 2009

Dating Chronicles # 1: Does the psycho give out her number?


I’ve thought about writing a chronicle of my dating/sexual experiences. I have gone back and forth with this, since my blog is not anonymous. I have even considered starting a new anonymous blog, but I love this blog and don’t want to have to deal with another. I have no shame; I know that I am not perfect and that my past relations were not always the best choices. I’m still going to put it out there, because frankly, I have some damn good stories.


I’ll start from the beginning, my first dating experience:


August 1996: Freshman Year of High School, Age: 13
It was my first day of high school; I was amazed at how many people went to my school. I had gone to a Catholic School since 1st grade with all the same people. I didn’t date there, I had crushes, but nothing ever came of them. So high school was going to be my place to shine! So many cute boys that I didn’t know… I was in heaven!


It happened early in the day, I believe that I had gym class 3 or 4th period. Lucky for me, I had a friend in gym class. We walked in together and there he was…the cutest boy that I had ever seen. He had a nice tan, pretty brown hair, green eyes, and he was a cute dresser- so stylish. I was in love! He was short though…since I was shorter, it didn’t matter to me- I had to talk to him. I think that my friend also had a mini crush on him, because she went and stood right next to him…acting a fool as well- she always did. So there she was, being all obnoxious, screaming and yelling about god knows what, and he pulls me aside to ask what was wrong with my friend and why she was such a psycho. My response…”you think she is psycho- no, I’m the psycho one.” Please tell me, who says that? Especially since I thought he was cute…the second after I said that, I thought I had blown all chances. Any normal person would walk away thinking WTF? Oh no…his response…”well, does the psycho give out her phone number?” Again, what normal person would read that as he loves me! 13 year me!


He was my first kiss…and wow was I on cloud 9. I literally thought I was going to marry him after that one kiss. It was perfect; it was outside, on a grassy noel, on a sunny clear day. I repeated that kiss in my head over and over again for days, there was even a little tickle down there…Woooo I have never felt that before! There was a permanent smile on my face that I was sure would never disappear. My poor friend who (a) Had to witness it (oh yes, my mom would not let me go on a date with a boy alone) and (b). Had to listen to me talk about it over and over…Thanks Mary...and I’m sorry.


Turns out, it wasn’t real love. After a mere 2 weeks of dating, my heart was crushed and broken into tiny pieces. He had cheated on me (kissing only) with my soccer buddy of all people. I was devastated, I had been sure that it was true love. How could someone kiss you like that, and then go kiss another girl. Oh young Dani, if you only knew back then. Luckily, my broken heart healed quickly…I had more cute boys to meet!

4 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

Haha, "a little tickle down there," awesome! Its funny how looking back, the actions seem so simple...yet they still had a way of affecting us so greatly. Like "dry humping" did back in the day, but as we get older...they tend to loose some of their significance.

I dislike this jaded feeling sometimes. :P

Anonymous said...

that is a really great first kiss story. I don't remember my first kiss...just the hang over that followed. sad day. I'll just read yours again and pretend it's mine. lol

Mara said...

High school kids are not mature enough for relationships--they always end in heart-break.

3L said...

I'm so excited about your new series. You are a good writer and i am literally on the edge of my seat. I am looking forward to getting reading more, as you can see I have a lot of interest so already I think your blog is similar to what I'd like to do.

Thank you for reading and commenting today. It means a lot.

 
eXTReMe Tracker