Little Sicily Shares All...





Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dating Chronicles # 3 JMR, the one who corrupted me


1997 Freshman Year, age 14 to 1999 Junior Year, age 16

I was visiting a friend at her locker between classes, looking into her locker, I saw his picture. Brown hair, blue eyes, a baby face, with the cutest smile I had ever seen. I stared at his picture, with drool coming down the sides of my mouth. Before I could even manage to get a sentence out, my friend was on a rampage about how she was going to set us up.

Two days later, I got a phone call from JMR. I was so nervous that I couldn't even talk to him, I had Mary(the best friend) talk to him for me. Somehow, we managed to set up a group date...it would be Mary, Kristin, and I along with JMR and his friend, meeting at the mall. The most memorable moment from the date: me reciting a laffy taffy joke.

It did become less awkward between us in a week. I was infatuated with him. We would talk on the phone for hours, see each other after every class, hold hands, and make out no matter where we where…yes, that includes the hallways, movie theatres, out with groups of friends...ill I know I was one of those girls. His step mother, I’ll call her Bambi because her real name is equally as stripperish was a huge bummer to our relationship. She had all of these crazy rules and wouldn’t always allow him to see me as much as we would like.

JMR told me that he loved me after a few weeks of dating. I remember it was the end of the day, and he walked me to the girls’ locker room so that I could change for soccer practice. We had just finished making out (shocker) and he pulled me close and told me that he loved me. My reaction as a pushed him away…”ill don’t you ever say that again, you’ve known me for how long, you can’t love me- we don’t even know what that means.” At least I was a smart girl!

The first summer of our relationship was like no other summer I had ever experienced. My mom and sisters both had part time jobs, which left me home alone every day. Let’s just say that he was the one who corrupted 14 year old me. He would ride his bike over and we would experiment. It started with kissing and under the clothes petting. By the end of the summer, I had experienced everything but actual penetration. That was just too much for me; I had morals you see, 8 years at a Catholic school does that to a person…lol.

The first time that he went down on me, I was so shocked and disturbed. I didn’t know that people did that. I started yelling at him, asking him what would posse him to do that. I made him wash his mouth out with scope for 3 minutes before I would kiss him again, still badgering him as to why he would do such a thing. His only response was…”I thought you’d like it.” Later that day, I called Mary, and she told me that it was normal. I was super embarrassed after that…

I remember laying naked with him for hours, I was so comfortable and at peace with him. When he would hold me, I felt so protected, loved, and wanted. The feelings were so strong, and I thought that it would always be like that. I could tell him anything and count on him to be there for me. It’s a feeling that I still attempt to have today. I consider this to be my first “real” (high school) relationship. I loved him; purely and truly.

We dated until the middle of junior year of high school. Our years together were filled with so much fun, drama (mostly his step mother), fighting, and love. I can’t go through every memory, because that would take forever, but here are a few highlights:

· Like most high schoolers, we would write each other tons of notes. One day, I got a dirty note from him….oh yea…he wanted to take me to a deserted island, caress me, be inside of me. You get the picture; I was wet just reading it. From then on, we passed dirty notes to each other on a regular basis. His evil and nosy step mother found them. She had the nerve to come to my parent’s house and show them some of the notes that I had written him. Side note- my notes were rated pg 13 compared to his XXX. Bambi was under the impression that I wanted to have sex with her son…which I should add we did not during high school EVER. Lucky for me, my parents did not care to hear about the dirty notes that we wrote each other and did not read them or ask to read notes that he had given to me. They simply told me not to date him anymore…I didn’t listen of course.

· JMR had a good friend named Mary Jane; they were inseparable. He introduced me to Mary Jane, and her and I also became friends. Not as close as they were, she sort of put me to sleep every time I hung with her.

· High School dances…need I say more, we went to 3 of them together.

· He gave me some good gifts…we were in high school- what else do you spend your money on? My favorite was my huge Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal, I was obsessed with Winnie. I also started a collection of precious moments. He still, to this day is the only boyfriend who gave them to me.

· Our sophomore year we had English together. We didn’t have assigned seats in that class, so we were able to sit next to each other. We’d hold hands during class- so lame! One day, our teacher realized what was going on…she flipped out. Yelling and screaming about never in all her years of teaching had this ever happened. Holding hands was the least of our “horrible” behavior. Did I mention that he fingered me during class one day? It was dark (watching a movie), and we were in the back, and I just happened to be wearing a skirt that day. I was young and very silly, not to mention a horny little bastard. Not the smartest...

As more time passed I realized that he was not always Mr. Perfect. I started to get annoyed with his friendship to Mary Jane. She always had to come along. Not to mention that he always wanted to be sexual. Trust me I was a very sexual high schooler, but I didn’t want our relationship to just be about getting each other’s jollies off. That was what it was turning into. He would get angry if we went out in groups because he knew he wouldn’t be getting any. I felt almost forced into having to do things with him to not make him angry.

I’m lucky that I had the best girlfriends in the world to talk to about this. They agreed with me that it wasn’t right that I felt that way. They encouraged me to “drop his ass.” For years, all I could think about was him; no other boys looked appealing to me. Soon after my 16th birthday, I started to notice other boys. Of course none of them were as wonderful as he was- but I noticed them.

We did end up breaking things off. I needed a change in pace and scenery aka a new boy, which came the day after I broke up with him. I move on fast…Err? That was not the end of JMR though; we dated 2 more times after that; freshman year of college for a brief minute and then again right after I graduated college, for another brief minute. After he came to a bar in swim trunks, socks, with slide on sandals, a homemade hat with glued on bottle caps, displayed his lack of rhythm, and played air flutes instead of socializing with our friends, I was done with JMR for good.






3 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

The joy of high school relationships and experimenting. How naive and carefree we all are when we're born, only to be slowly corrupted by time.

I was "one of those" guys who would make out in the halls too...no shame in that. :)

3L said...

I had to start reading this from the beginning because it took me back to my JMR. The boy I meet and loved off and on from 13-18. The parallels were distractingly similar.

Just let me say that I feel jealous. I keep reading other high school tales and I wonder why I was not smart enough to wait. Intellectually I thought the same things that prevented others girls from having sex, but I still gave in and sooo young.

I plan to write post in the future for teen girls to help them with their own sexual choices. I would love to no how you said no at that age. When you were in love, horny and having oral sex what do you do mentally that keep you form crossing the line? Why do you think our story turned out a little different?

Progressive Momma said...

I was too scared to have intercourse with him. I didn't want to get prego and I knew that comdoms didn't always work. Plus, I had gone to a Catholic School for 8 years where I was told over and over that sex before marriage was a horrible thing. Granted playing around in general before marriage is looked down on by the church, but I didn't care. Sex was just too much for me. Like most teenagers, I didn't think that oral was as big of a deal. It was the safer way to go for me I guess.

 
eXTReMe Tracker