Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, May 15, 2009

Did you see that old white dude in the purple pimp suit?

Warm weather always tends to bring out the drinker in me. I love sitting outside, drinking cocktails, and chatting it up. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day, so I decided that it would be an excellent idea to go to JD’s new place and experience all that Roscoe Village has to offer. We left work at 4:27pm…we arrived at her place at 6:06pm- damn I’m glad that my commute is never longer than 35 minutes on a bad day. I was fearful that I would have had to pee in a bottle. Luckily, I was able to hold it (I have this issue where I pee every hour- no joke).

I was excited to see JD’s place, it is very spacious and cute. I’m very excited for her to have a place of her own. After the tour, out came a bottle of wine and some chips and salsa. Two shots and five Malibu diets later, I was feeling pretty happy. Not to mention that I had the most excellent meal…the shrimps were huge! We started walking back to JD’s place, and decided it was still too early to go home- so we stopped at a little cafĂ© for another drink.

Have I mentioned that I am sort of a light weight…yes, it’s sadly very true. I was feeling buzzed after the wine at her place. But, I’m a trooper (aka love drinking) so I continued on. We had such a good time…talking, laughing, harassing the poor man sitting at the bar, and texting- yes drunken texting is always a joy! I must have sent 20 texts in a 30 min time period. It’s always so fun to check your phone the next day to see what wonderful little messages you managed to send. Thankfully, only a small % of mine were embarrassing…something to do with a magic wand? Yea…just use your imagination with that one.

When the bar was closing, and we were the only ones left, we headed our way back to JD’s. I had only had 1 drink in about 1.5 hour span, so I was feeling good to drive home. Probably not the best idea- but at the time it made perfect sense. To my surprise, there was stop and go traffic at 1am…only in Chicago!

Moral of the story:

· Always pack a bag with me- I’d be better off staying the night.
· Drunken texts are tons of fun, but are not always the smartest things we say!
· Don’t compare real people to cartoons…apparently its offensive.
· Make sure to get directions home before the drinking starts…and I need a GPS.
· Make friends with your waitress, it’s the best way you get freebies.
· It’s normal and acceptable to restaurant browse.
· McDonald’s can cure all after a night of drinking…

2 comments:

JD said...

you should add to the list:
*simply telling friends to take their credit card will not suffice *put friends to bed when their mouth turns purple from too much red wine

I wish we got a gold stars for coming into work and working severely hungover/still drunk.

I need a damn nap.

Culture Served Raw said...

Lol.. useful tips I'll keep in mind for tonight.

Have a good weekend!

 
eXTReMe Tracker