Little Sicily Shares All...





Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So it doesn't taste like dirty water

While visiting my friends, I tired American coffee for the first time. I normally only drink espresso or lattes. Until last week I refused to try American coffee (what most people would call regular coffee). Mary reassured me that it was good stuff and that I should just try it...she was correct. JC can make an excellent cup of joes.



So, I have made the switch (mornings only); instead of spending $3.41 on a tall Carmel skinny latte from Starby's every morning, I will drink the FREE coffee at work. I bought some sugar free hazelnut coffee mate and it does the trick! I'm even considering buying a coffee maker for my house; I only have an espresso maker. The whole bottle of Coffee Mate was $3.49...I'm so good at saving money.


Speaking of saving money- that is my new goal. I'm going on a strict budget. I'm only allowing myself $150 of spending money a month- that is for drinking, shopping, eating out...(reason why I had to cut everyday trip to Starby's out). I'm trying to not eat out (save $ and calories) as much...though it seems to be what everyone wants to do. Wish me luck on keeping within my budgets...I'm normally VERY bad at it.


However, my car will need to retire soon. Poor Ernesto Alfalfa- yes that is my car's name. He was made in 03 and has $92K miles on him. I'm hoping that he makes it a little longer, but I need to start setting some cash aside. Especially since the car I plan on buying (Toyota Pruis) has an MSRP of $28,078...yea I want all the bells and whistles. I'm such a nerd, I went on their website and built my own!

9 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

Interesting car name for sure...
I'm not a coffee drinker, but paying that much for a tiny cup of liquid just never made any sense to me to begin with. :P

Good luck on keeping that budget, don't forget to indulge every now and then though!

Katie said...

Every day I make a cup of coffee with Vanilla Caramel Coffee Mate. So much cheaper than going to a coffee house.

Kylie said...

I don't drink coffe, espresso, latte...I'm weird!

Good luck on the $$ saving. I always suck at it!!

Anonymous said...

I love coffe in the AM with fat free or sugar free coffeemate hazelnut creamer! I have one every morning and it has helped with money and calories!

We have decided to only go to Starbucks twice a month and out to dinner twice a month in efforts to save money. Good luck! I love reading your blog! :)

Laura said...

I love, love that you named your car Ernesto Alfala. I thought I was the only one who still did the naming car thing. And I do not think you are a geek for building your car, I did that with my brand, spanking new Honda (Riggins) and got what I wanted right away. So yay for the car website building!

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Although I'm not a coffee-drinker, your new plan sounds yummy to me!

Best of luck with the savings - it's bloody hard to do, but I'm sure you'll make it!

Incidentally, I love your car's name. Hope you can come up with something equally fantastic for your new custom-made ride :)

Getting close to 30.... said...

Wishing you luck on the saving moolah! Trust me- I know how hard it is to stay on a budget. The trick is not feeling deprived (with the weight loss bit too)- I mean me look at me! Please let me know if you discover the secret.

P.S. Ernesto Alfalfa is a kick-ass name for your car! :-)

Miss Rosa said...

I totally just bought a new Honda Fit because my 03 Sunfire ... I just felt like it would bite it soon. It's fabulous having all the bells and whistles!

Mara said...

Great way to save some money! I drink coffee. Black and lots of it.

 
eXTReMe Tracker