Little Sicily Shares All...





Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is the New Ice Age Coming?


This morning, I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep, @ 4:20AM. I had the windows open and felt coldness...it's still summer, it's not supposed to be chilly. I grab a sweater and proceed to the gym. Shivering a little, I walk into the gym, and Nancy the front desk woman says to me that the New Ice Age is coming...wtf. I stared at her for a few seconds, and then went on my way thinking it's too freaking early for this!

I looked it up as soon as I got to work...apparently every 800,000 years the earth goes through an ice age that lasts for 100,000 years. The time in between is called the Interglacials(what we are in right now) and that last between 10,000 to 12,000 years. Lucky for us, we are near the 12 thousand year mark...WOOT!!!

I also read an article about how we should omit more CO2 into the atmosphere to extend the interglacials...all very interesting. Yea...don't really believe that...especially since they all tend to believe that either 1. the temp is not rising at all, but decreasing, or 2. it doesn't matter if the global temp is warming.

I'm going to believe that some crazy right wing republican came up with this because they don't want car emission standards to go up in 2016. I may be wrong however, we may be headed towards an Ice Age...If I live until 2022 (when it's predicted to come) I will know for sure!

Until then, I will continue to do my part in saving the earth...from global warming.

5 comments:

Mara said...

Sounds like a crazy, right-wing Republican move to me!

OmegaRadium said...

I live in Texas and its been ~102 everyday for the past few weeks here...I would welcome an ice age, Texas weather might actually become tolerable. :P

Kaye Waller said...

Happy Blogoversary -- it's mine, too!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Oh, it sounds pretty bogus to me... I mean, it does fly in the face of what most of the world's prominent climate scientists are saying, right? Thank God you're going to keep on doing what you're doing. I know I will!

 
eXTReMe Tracker