Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, July 10, 2009

Dating Chronicles # 8, Target Boy


Fall 2003 Senior year of College

The summer before my senior year I got a job working at Target in their security department. The Target in Normal was full of college kids, so I fit right in, and loved working there. My job was a joke...me a security guard- ha that is a funny story. Lets just say that most of my time was either spent making fun of people on camera in the back room or talking to other employees. Very productive I know!

Bolt was the team leader of the cashiers...Oooo. We worked the same hours, and became friendly right away. When I first met him, James and I were dating, so my intentions did not go past friendship. When James and I went on a break (the 2nd one) Bolt and I started hanging out more often; which led into us dating. It was for a brief moment in time, and was not serious at all. We did have some fun times though- drinking at his apartment, having an all night dance party (just us two), flirting at work, more drinking...typical college stuff.

Bolt was not looking for anything serious, and either was I, I was still in love with James. It did piss me off that I would always have to be the one to call, ask him to hang out. I asked him why he would never call me and his response was because I would call him. When I stopped calling him, he still didn't really call me. He just figured I was busy. I asked him why he never called just to say hi or see how I was doing...his response because I don't feel the need to. After that...yea it was done and over with.

We were able to remain friends...so working together was not really an issue. Plus, 10 mins later, James and I were back together.

2 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

I often find myself taking the "she must be too busy to call me," mentality...in fact I'm sorta doing it right now. While I've been telling myself to call her ~30 mins after she gets off work, this post just ensured that I will. :)

Life As A Person said...

relationships often find themselves in the workplace. I worked in a supermarket for a while, and a lot of pepe dated, hooked up whatever regardless of age

 
eXTReMe Tracker