Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome back to the daily grind

The 4th of July has come and passed; during childhood, that would mean that back to school was fast approaching. I really do wonder where time goes- it comes and goes so fast. There is always so much that I want to do, but never feel as if there is time to get it all done.

This weekend, I was able to do one thing that I have wanted to do for a long time- visit the best friend and her bf in DC. They actually live in Annapolis, which is about 40 min outside of DC. It was so nice to get away from here and be somewhere else. I went on a White House tour, saw the Mall again, and went to a few museums and saw the fireworks on the Mall...they were amazing! We also went on a tour at the Naval Academy; it is beautiful! I will post pictures later.
It was just so nice to be able to spend time with the people I love; today it's back to work. I must say that I was uber proud of myself for getting up at 4:30Am and making it to the gym. Yeay go me!!! It was also great that my dizziness did not return!!! I was feeling good the whole weekend.

4 comments:

Mara said...

Time seems to go by faster and faster the older I get....sigh.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Sounds like you spent your holiday doing wonderful things. And yeah, I'll second that "where does all the time go?" Weeks are starting to seem like days, months are starting to seem like weeks... I wonder what things will be like when we're 90?

Kylie said...

I've never been to DC and want to go really bad! I want to see all of the famous sites and museums. Hopefully someday soon I'll get my chance!

OmegaRadium said...

fireworks in DC? I bet thats the best fireworks show in the country, or at least I'd like to think so.

 
eXTReMe Tracker