Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, July 24, 2009

Until there is a cure there is Curel

This morning, I woke up at 4:30am with high hopes of going to the gym. After actually getting up and out of bed, I had horrible stomach pain. Wasn't too sure what it was, but when nothing seemed to be helping it, I decided I was just going to go back to bed. I couldn't run with stomach pain!

Sleep actually did help, but while getting ready for work, thoughts of guilt and failure crept in; thinking that I had only made it to the gym 2 mornings this work week. My bare minimum is 3 days during the work week. I decided that I would make it up, by running outside during lunch...and so I did. Happy to say that I was able to get 4 miles in (going at snails pace) during my lunch hour. I didn't want to be too sweaty coming back to work; plus 80 degrees @ 12 thirty with no water (I'm not smart like that)....


I forgot how much I enjoy running outside. I always end up on a treadmill, but outside it is so much nicer. Fresh air, open space, birds, different scenery...makes for a lovely run or in my case jog. I should attempt to run outdoors more often.

So yippy!!!! I'm not as big of a slacker as I was feeling like this morning.

5 comments:

Steve said...

I gave you an award! Please refer to my latest post for further details ;D

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Good on you for staying so committed to exercise, Dani! You're a bit inspiring, you know - not a slacker in the slightest! Hope that nasty stomach pain doesn't come back again, my dear.

Mara said...

Good for you for getting your butt in gear. If only I could follow your example now...

Organic Meatbag said...

I admire you...if I ran 40 yards, I would be hunched over and crying for water like a pale baby...

Miss Rosa said...

Oh God. No way can I run, let alone in heat! Kudos to your bravery!

 
eXTReMe Tracker