Little Sicily Shares All...





Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pigeons on the Pill?

Sal and I decided when we are getting married…June 2009. Originally we thought September 2008, but the Maid of Honor- Mary will not be able to get vacation time during campaign season, and it would be hard for Sal too, since he works in politics. We have to get married in the summer, because we want to get married outside.

I’ve already gotten into a little tiff about getting married outside with my mom. She of course wants me to get married inside of a church. Catholic priest will not marry you unless you are inside of a church. Since neither of us, (Sal or I) are avid church goers, we are not too upset about that. We can hire a Minster to perform the ceremony. I’m excited that we are going to start going to check out potential places soon. So far on our list is: Meson Sabika in Naperville,, The Bolingbrook Golf Club, and Montefiori in Lemont.

I also figured out who my bridesmaids will be…there will be 8 of them. I’m going send them all a cookie from www.weddingish.com that is in the shape of a dress. There is writing all over the cookie that asks “Will you be a bridesmaid” so cute. I’m very excited about that.

Other then wedding stuff, Steve’s friend Amy is coming to Chicago today and she is staying with us. I’m very excited to meet her!!!

In other news, Pigeons in Hollywood are to be placed on the “pill.” What has our world come to? Placing OvoControl P, a birth control pill approved by The Department of Pesticide Regulation and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, will be placed in bird feeders all around Hollywood. On article that I read commented on how this was a humane way of reducing the pigeon population. I am not a scientist, but this does not seem to be natural/humane to me. How do they know it will not effect future generations of pigeons. I honestly think it is one of the most ridicules things that I have heard today.

So I shall move onto good news…Lucknow India has set the record for the most trees planted in one day. 10 Million to be exact. The previous record was 850,000 in another Indian state in 2006.
This is grand news!!! We need to give back to our earth. I just wish that more places and people would plant trees, instead of tearing them down.

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker