Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, August 6, 2007

Random Flashback

Yesterday I started thinking about how I would like to buy school supplies, yes I know random. That was my favorite going back to school ritual- I would buy them in Mid July, because I would be so excited about fun folders. Cute things motivate me…yes, I know, I am a consumer whore. I’m not too sure what got me thinking about them, but from that thought, thoughts of my childhood stemmed from that.

I started to think of 7th and 8th grade, I was a riot back in the day. My girlfriends and I would hang out together 24-7. I am happy to say that I am still best friends with 3 girls that I went to grade school with. Seeing how catty most girls can be- I’d say that we have accomplished something great. I love my St. Mary girls.

Back to 7th and 8th grade, we would hang out for hours in my basement. We thought that Hey Jude was the theme song to our lives. I just read through the lyrics, and I don’t really understand what we as 11 and 12 years olds thought that we shared with Hey Jude. It makes me laugh to think that I was so dramatic and that I felt so oppressed. I was really into writing and reading poetry. I remember thinking that Emily Dickinson and I had so much in common. I would write all types of poems, but mostly of unrequited love. I just wonder now, what I was really thinking then.

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker