Little Sicily Shares All...





Thursday, August 16, 2007

A new look

I'm so excited about the new look of my blog...thanks my computer genius. He helped me with it in hopes of cheering me up because I got into a little tiff with my parents about not getting married in a church. Grrr I do not understand why people hold on to a man made creation like it is something so important.

Please answer me this...why it is ok for a priest to hold a mass in a basement of a house, but yet a taboo to be married outside?

Funny that I am currently reading a book called god is not Great by Christopher Hitchens. This is just what I need right now, to feed the angry ego...

1 comments:

Zafrod said...

Hey Dani! Congrats on the engagement.

I had this battle too, though thankfully with my extended family, not my parents. My wife is not Christian, her family is not Christian, and I didn't feel it was right to impose a Christian ceremony on her (she, not surprisingly, agreed). We were married outside, at my parent's woodland lakefront property, and it was gorgeous. Unfortunately, our choices meant that most of my family did not attend. While I was sorry for that, it was our day, not theirs, and if they couldn't respect that, then the fault was theirs.

 
eXTReMe Tracker