Little Sicily Shares All...





Saturday, August 4, 2007

John Adams is a horrible man...

Sal and I have officially started our wedding planning...the fun has only begun. I was a little surprised when we found out that all the places we looked at charge $125 and up per plate...good thing that we are getting married in 2 years...plenty of time to save!!!

We only went to two places today, The Bolingbrook Golf Club and Montefiori. I liked the outside area, where the ceremony would take place at the Bolingbrook Golf Club:

There is a very nice fountain to the side, and i think that it would be really nice to have the sound of water in the backdrop during the ceremony. The inside, where the reception would take place, is ok. A little cheesy for me though. There is a beautiful balcony off of the room, that was very nice though.

I love Montefiori. It was beautiful. It is what I pictured my wedding to be like...it is outside...literally in a tent...hehe. The landscape around it is so nice. Lots of water, waterfalls, trees, and flowers. I think that is my top pick so far.
I don't think that this picture really does this place justice.

In other news...I was appalled when I read an article about an abortion bill that Ohio State Legislator John Adams is attempting to pass. He would like to make it a law for women to have signed consent from the father of the baby in order to allow an abortion...WTF? I believe in reproductive freedom, and this bill is taking that freedom away. Note that if you are raped or molested, in order for an abortion, you would need a police report. I believe that this is just a republican's crazy way of making his own morals into a law. Luckily, if this is passed, it would be ruled as unconstitutional...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Circus tent! :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker