Little Sicily Shares All...





Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bouncing Around

I’ve been meaning to upload some pictures from the engagement party, but Sal has been hogging the computer at night…thanks. Luckily, I have been keeping busy…watching all my new shows, reading, and bouncing around on my mini trampoline.

Since fall has started, the TV has come back on. Thanks to ABC….Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy are my Thursday night source of entertainment; Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters are my Sunday. Tuesday night is spent watching House on Fox (ill) and I have even found a new show that I like. Gossip girl- yes, it is shallow and teeny bopper, but I like it. October 25 will be the start of Scrubs…I can’t wait I love that show!!! I watch way too much TV all of a sudden… this is bad news.

I just finished reading A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown. This is one of the best books that I have read in a long time. It is a memoir of Cupcake’s life. Her mother died when she was eleven, and due to the law, she was sent to live with her biological father that wanted nothing more then money. She was placed in foster care and was abused, raped, and got mixed up with drugs, alcoholic, sex, and gangs at a very young age. It is a truly inspirational story…she put herself back together and ended up graduating from law school. It really made me realize how good I had it growing up, and how grateful I should be for my family and friends.

Lastly, I have become obsessed with rebounding (jumping/jogging) on my mini trampoline. I just bought it a couple days ago, and I can not get enough of it. Sal is annoyed, because the according to him, “the whole condo is bouncing.” I do feel bad for the downstairs neighbors, but I have not received any nasty notes on my door yet!!! Plus, I am doing it before quiet hours begin. Man I can not wait till we have a house…no such thing has quiet hours then. Anyway, I started reading about all the benefits of this bouncing business…it is incredible.

It increases circulation, increases mental acuity, improves balance, improves bladder control(anyone who spends some time with me understands why this is an important one...heheh), and strengthens the Lymphatic system/immune system(helps to prevent colds and infections...who would of ever thought that bouncing around your organs would do so much good). It also helps eliminate varicose veins and helps with arthritis. Not to mention that you can burn more calories then jogging. I'm in love with it...plus, it is so fun!!!

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker