Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, October 8, 2007

The past week

Last week came and went; I can’t believe that I have been 25 for a week already. Sal's parents where here visiting all last week. I was a little nervous about how 4 adults and a dog could fit into the condo, but it was no problem at all. Lucky that I picked out very comfy couches…hehehe. I was actually sad to see them go. I wish that they would move up here. It would be nice to have the closer.

We went out to eat so much last week:
Monday- Brio
Thursday-Pepe’s
Friday- Ted's Montana Grill

I really enjoyed Ted's Montana Grill- they are very environmentally friendly. They use paper straws that can be recycled; actually the waitress told us that they recycle everything there. Also, everything is cooked fresh, and they do not have any freezers or microwaves in the restaurant. I would definitely recommend trying it out.

The weather is scaring me. Trust me, I love 90 degree weather, but in October? I just hope that people realize that it should not be this warm in Chicago during this time of the year, and take some pro active steps to try and help our environment. On Saturday I was able to go swimming in my parent’s pool- it’s still open!!! It is usually closed by now, but sine it has not gotten cold, they are still using it. And all the runners that were sent to the hospital yesterday while trying to run the Chicago Marathon because of the heat…wake up people!!!

Saturday evening was our engagement party. I’ll have to post pictures later. It was very nice, my parents did a wonderful job putting it together and cooking everything. It was very nice to have some of our family and friends together. My mom also got the best cake ever- it was pink!!! HEHEHE. I loved it!!! Luckily, Sal understands, and doesn’t mind that it was pink. As long as the table linens are not pink at the wedding, we’re ok…hahaha. That would be way too much pink anyway, so no worries.

We had a tasting yesterday at the Morton Arboretum…the food was great, and we really liked it. The only problem is that it is so expensive. Just to rent the room it is $6500.00, and the cost per plate would end up being about $115.00; Ahh that is so much $$$. That $$$ could go towards dinner for 60 people. We have started to look at other places, that do not charge a rental fee as long as a certain $$$ amount is met. We found a place called Riverside Receptions in Geneva, Illinois, which is not too far from us. It is right on the Fox River. We’re going to have to check it out sometime this week. We are also thinking that we may change our month to April or May 2009.

I worried that Archiver’s doesn’t want to employee me. I was sort of hoping that I could get a PT job there, make some extra cash while being able to get a great discount on their merchandise. They are coming out with a new line for Wedding Invitations. I think that I really want to make them, so having a 30% discount would be excellent. But they have not gotten back to me. My interview was over a week ago- how long does a background check take?

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker