Little Sicily Shares All...





Thursday, October 18, 2007

First Night

Last night was my actual first night of working at my part time job. It was great!!! I went on a tour of the store, not like I didn’t already know where every thing was located…but I learned the reason behind the madness…hehehe. After my grand tour, I was asked to put some items away…piece of cake. Though finding the proper home for the sheets of paper proved to me a little more problematic then I thought. I was taught the tricks for that as well. In a couple of weeks, I’ll be a pro. My next task was to open up new packs of stickers and place then in bins…I enjoyed this. Got to check out what fun stickers I want to buy!!! I will try very hard in being picky in what I buy. I don’t want my whole paycheck going back to the store. I simply have no place to put much more scrapbook materials. Once Steve and I have a house, then I will have a whole room dedicated to scrapbooking and other crafts. (I’m sure Steve is thrilled).

My next task was to go to a scrapbook class. It is offered for free to costumers and taught by an employee. Once I am fully trained, I hope to be teaching some classes. The class was very informative. And even though I am a seasoned scrap-booker, I learned a few tricks. They have strips of tape that are meant just for sticking ribbons…I have been using this annoying gel like glue that is a pain. The second part of that class consisted of making your own page. Yell yeah- getting paid to scrapbook. It was sort of hard for me to come up with a game plan- since I did not have any pictures, and the materials that we were given to use were left over scraps. I still was pleased with my page (I’ll post it later).

At the end of the night, I was asked to vacuum. I actually kind of enjoyed it. I liked seeing the carpet go from being nasty dirty to clean. (I have no carpet in the condo- so I never vacuum). All in all it was an excellent night. I really enjoy being in the store and being around coworkers and costumers that are so excited about scrapbooking.

Yesterday was also my first day of my Online Class. I'm taking AIC 33 through the AICPCU. It is only a 2 month course. After this, I will have 3 more classes to take in oder to have my AIC certificate. I'll be a busy girl I guess...2 jobs and a class.

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker