Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, January 15, 2010

Life in Review

I have been MIA for some time, not only from the blogosphere, but in life in general. Most of my days have been filled with hours upon hours of...WORK! Yes, that is what my life has boiled down to. Really cool eh?

Due to one of my (ex) coworker's "awesome" work habits and "grand" quality of work, and a tiny bit the recession that we are in, he was let go. FINALLY!!! After a year plus of calling in every other Monday, having to leave work to go stuff his bird, having salmonella (for just one day?), and um...just not doing his work, they let him go. It's kinda sad that we (office people) all miss having him around because of his crazy excuses of why he can't come to work. Him no longer being here = all his semi worked files being divided to myself and 2 other coworkers of mine which in turn = I HAVE NO LIFE AND WORK ALL THE TIME.

I did take a weekend trip to Austin, TX to visit James (background on James) and his wife. I was hoping for a warm weather trip in January, but was lucky enough to have Chicago weather minus the snow!

It was still a good time...My favorite part of the trip was going to some wineries in Johnson City. It has inspired me to plan a wine tasting trip. I just discovered that there are tons of Wine Trails in IL which I plan to visit in the summer!!!

At some point I'll add some pictures...

2 comments:

Children of the 90s said...

We've missed you, glad to see you back for an update! It's good that your coworker was let go, but it definitely sucks you have to pick up the slack. Hopefully they'll hire someone to replace him!

And you definitely picked the wrong time to come to Texas--it was so cold, it's just starting to warm up now. I love Austin, though, it's the best.Glad you had fun!

Mr. Condescending said...

I've never been to texas but it always sounds like a good place to eat, and get a heart attack!

Miss you Dani!

 
eXTReMe Tracker