Little Sicily Shares All...





Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Decisions are the worst


I have lived in my condo for a little over four years now. When I moved in, I plugged in my TV and voila I had cable. I thought that it was part of the association dues and thought nothing of it.

Fast forward 4 years...one Saturday morning, I turn on my TV and half of my channels no longer work...TNT, Lifetime, BET, BRAVO, HGTV, TLC...and I thought to myself- wow that really sucks, but at least I still have USA. Side note, I love USA- all the Law & Order SVU Marathons...what more can a girl ask for? I also then discovered ION TV...Criminal Minds...another "greatest show ever!"

Fast forward a few weeks...I turn on my TV and I have no working channels...WTF!!!! Damn digital switch over. Apparently cable is not included in my assessment fees! I have gone close to 3 weeks with out any TV...I can still play my Wii and watch movies, but that has been getting old.

On Sunday, while at my parent's house, I took action = I asked my dad if he had a converter box, which I knew he would! Finally, I thought I can watch TV again!!! So I go home, all happy and excited that I will be able to watch Brothers and Sisters. WRONG...apparently I need an antenna for it to work. Boo Berries.

Yesterday, I stop by my parent's house to see if per chance they have an antenna...(my parents have everything...my sisters and I consider them our own personal store). So, I go home thinking yet again that I will finally be able to watch some TV. I plug it in and...I get 2 freaking channels...WGN & UPN. It should be noted that they come in super fuzzy and the signal breaks about every 3 minutes.

So, here is where the decision making time comes in...do I allow Comcast to sodomize me with their outrageous rates and finally pay for cable? Or do I live with out TV? Both have pros and cons...it is sad when your friends make fun of you- get into the 21st century or my favorite "even people on welfare have cable."

So, I guess I'll just wait and see how long I can deal with this before I break and buy cable. The problem then starts...well if I'm already paying so freaking much for it, why not pay a little more and get HBO and Showtime...then I can watch Dexter...all of a sudden I'm paying over $100 for stupid TV.

Decisions are the Worst I tell you!

4 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

I say...see how long you can go w/out TV. If you get desperate you can always go to your parents house or a friends house to watch tv! Until then you can hulu.com some of your favorite shows or watch them on ABC.com :)

Dont give comcast the pleasure of knowing they won...Stupid high rates!

jeanette nicole* said...

Don't give in to Comcast. You'll regret it.

OmegaRadium said...

TV is an important part of my life, but these days the internet offers plenty of TV content for free!

Hulu.com is a great site that has many big networks and their most popular shows. Heck, if you want to get into the shadier areas of the law, many websites have torrents of popular tv shows hours after their air date...not that I encourage illegal activities of any kind. :P

TheHurt said...

You can stream most programs online if you're in dire need.

I lived without a TV for *gasp* a year. And I didn't really miss it. I found myself other things to do and it was the healthiest year in my life so far. Now? All I do is sit in front of my TV and blog.. :D Think I need to give the no-tv thing a bash.

Your digibox should work if you plug it in the communal antenna, should it not? I mean, you wouldn't get cable but you'd get the basics to get you through the worst times...

xx

 
eXTReMe Tracker