Little Sicily Shares All...





Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life Check



It amazes me how time passes without even knowing what happened to it. I remember being in 4th grade sitting on the deck at my parents house, wishing to be in 8th grade. Those 4 years took what seemed to be a life time. 4 years can pass now and it will seem like 1!

February 2011 already! I never thought that I would be where I am today – I guess I never really thought about it though. I never dreamed up the perfect wedding, or the perfect guy. I did think about how I wanted to be married (at some point) and I do remember thinking about having a daughter- I have always wanted to have kids. I remember being a kid thinking about what I would say to my kids – lol.

Work: I never thought that I would work in insurance…that just happened by mistake. I guess that most people don’t grow up thinking that they want to work in this field. After close to 7 years I’m still not even sure if I want to work in insurance. At least the agency that I work for is not really an insurance company and the same demands of screwing people out of $$$ is not a played out here. I did that for 9 months and couldn’t handle it. If I don’t feel right about something it won’t work for me. I must say that for the most part I do like working here- I have learned so much! Auto, property damage, general liability, subrogation, and now work comp- most adjusters only handle one type of claim…I am a valuable asset! (I’m so vain apparently).

I am happy that I’m trying to make DB Custom Creations work. I love making cards and all things crafty. It is nice to be able to make some side income from my hobby. Though I feel that I have spent more money than I have made! I keep hoping that if I stick with it, things will turn around. I’m going to be in my first craft show on March 19th. I’m very excited about it and have being work like an elf to stock pile. I haven’t really added much to my etsy site because I’m saving it for the show. I have a small fear that I’m putting all this work into it and it will be a failure, but I need to believe that won’t be the case.

Family & Friends: I am close to my family; I see most of them at least 2 times a week: Wednesday night for dinner and Sunday for lunch- we’re Italian that is what we do. At times it gets to be a lot- feels like an obligation. Normally that is when there is fighting. Which seems to happen semi a lot. That is topic for another blog- so I will just leave that one alone. My girlfriends…ahh there is another upsetting issue in my life. I have been best friends with the same girls since grade school. Most of us are spread out now, and living our own lives we are all working, in relationships…so on and so forth. I’m just sad because I feel as if they have stopped making an effort. Thinking about it makes me so sad and disappointed.

Relationship: Things with Lu are going well- the past 6 months have gone by very fast. I don’t think that there is such a thing as the perfect relationship; it’s always a work in progress. I am happy with Lu, he makes me feel special and loved, he makes me laugh, he’s there for me when I need him; I think that he is a good match for me. I try to be there for him in any way that I can be. I love him- he is a really good thing in my life.

When I started writting this in the morning, I wanted some sort of inspiration to want to work. I wasn't sure what I was going to write about, it just sort of happened. I think that we could all use some inspiration at times...I guess for me a review of where I am in life helps.

Card can be purchased HERE
That is all for now...

3 comments:

Twad'dler said...

Hello, I just stumbled across your blog from 20sb. Reading this post was just like reading my own thoughts from the past couple of weeks. It's funny how you wish your life away when you are younger & then when you grow up you realise that friends move away & work takes up such a large part of your life. I've not been blogging for long but I’m documenting my year of change. I find aiming towards things helps with all the change that comes along with growing up haha & I hope it will encourage me to do things. I hope you can pop by & have a read, maybe even follow if you like it.

Kristine said...

Hey, this is kristin from "Living on a Ballroom Dance Floor". Unfortuantly, I am having a lot of problems with my blog so I had to make a new one on this profile. I hope you still follow.

www.livingballrom.blogspot.com

DANA said...

Hey girl! I was wondering why there is no place to follow you on this blog? It is a great way to gain regular readers, and maybe it just didn't load. Let me know!

 
eXTReMe Tracker