Little Sicily Shares All...





Saturday, February 5, 2011

Go Wild!


I spent the whole day working on an order for Go Wild Birthday Invitations. The party is at a indoor jungle themed amusement park for kids. I have never created any jungle themed cards or invites before, so coming up with ideas was a challenge for me. I spent about 2 hours wondering around Michaels looking for ideas. I didn't find anything that really screamed jungle to me. It was the most frustrating 2 hours I have ever spent in a Michaels before!

I did get some things, and took them to my parent's house, always good to get other's opinions...they all agreed- not Jungle enough. I was even more angry after that.

I took a day off from the project and then headed out to Hobby Lobby...thank you for being so wonderful Hobby Lobby!!! They had just what I was looking for. The bright colored zebra prints, the leopard prints...I knew that this was going to work!

I am lucky to have a Silhouette SD Machine (thanks to Lu), so I found my monkey cut out. I was all set...to make sample # 1.
When I was done, I was so happy and proud of the sample, then I thought- crap now I need to come up with some more. I decided that I would show the first sample to the client, hoping that she would love it as much as I did and not worry about another one...and well, I was lucky because she loved it, and didn't want to see any others!

It's more difficult and time consuming to make these than one would think...an order of 20 took all day. Cutting the paper alone took hours. I'm one tired lady! Just so happy that I have completed the order, and will make a 5 year old girl's birthday extra special!
Go Wild Invitations are available for custom order on my website. The cost for 10 of them is $27.50, more than 10 can be purchased. They are also customizable, a different animal can be featured or no animal at all. They would be great for parties/benefits at the zoo; can you imagine how fun these could be for a bachelorette party invite?

These iniviations are on 5 by 7 inch flat notes, the front side is the monkey & Go Wild. The back side has all the party details.



Contact me with any questions you have!

Thanks and hope you have a WILD ONE!

GO CHICAGO BULLS!

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker