Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, September 24, 2010

Warm Fuzzies and Pizza for Breakfast!


HAPPINESS

I will be leaving work at 2 and driving with my sister to Champaign for the weekend; it’ll be like I’m a college student all over again! We are going for a wedding.

Every time I go to a college town, I get so happy and sad at the same time. College was such a wonderful time for me, the college bubble of minimal responsibility, tons of free time, daily naps…ahh it was such a wonderful place. At times, I wish that I could just go back (then the whole being poor thing comes into play).

Sometimes I wish that I would have gone on to grad school right away, instead of being in such a rush to be a real adult…what was I thinking? I think its funny how people (well me) are always trying to get to the next level- or are thinking about what comes next. I am happy to say that at this point in my life, I’m happy living just where I am right now. Don’t get me wrong I’m looking to my future, I have goals, dreams, and plans for what my future will hold (what I want it to hold), but I can honestly say that I am so happy living in the right now! I want to enjoy my life now, and I’m just looking forward to what the future will bring to me.

I had an amazing night yesterday, and I will forever keep that in my heart. It warms me up just thinking about it- majority of the reason why I am so happy today. Lu is just an amazing person all around, and he makes me so happy. I haven’t felt so lovey dovey in years…it’s actually a very nice feeling.

I’m also happy that on Sunday, I get to visit my old stomping grounds…ISU here I come! Cheese balls at the PUB anyone?

2 comments:

Cole Garrett said...

I have mixed feelings about driving through my old college town. It's filled with both good and bad memories. Sometimes, it makes me wonder how I ever got through it. I'm glad I did.

Good for you, going to grad school, btw. :)

Ms Kayso said...

It's funny, i was just experiencing this the other day. I was driving through the college town where I live now. There was a football game going on and there was so much pride and spirit all over the place. It looked like so much fun. I didn't go to school there but it does make me miss it. If I could go back, I would do everything different.

 
eXTReMe Tracker