Little Sicily Shares All...





Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Four Eyes Club

I recall many a time in grade school making fun of my peers for wearing glasses. Lucky for me, my vision was intact until puberty hit. In my childhood days, I was able, like all other 20/20 vision children, to throw out the "whatever you have four eyes" insult.

To my dismay, puberty struck and my vision went south...isn't that supposed to happen when your old? Lucky for me, my mother and her crazy Sicilian ways excluded me from the four eyes club until my 19th year of existence. She was positive that it was puberty causing me not to see- so for years I dealt with it...

What shocked me when I finally joined the four eyes club, was the positive attention that I received from my glasses. Granted, I have an impeccable sense of fashion and style (why all of a sudden do I hear Carly Simon singing Your so Vein?) so I was able to pick out a pair that suited me well...I was all nervous about people making fun of me because I looked nerdy in glasses, but all I can really remember getting lots and lots and lots of sex after getting my glasses...apparently, guys (at least the guys I date) seem to love the sexy librarian look. Low and behold, glasses have worked their magic for me again....lots and lots of sex!

On Friday, I finally decided to go to the eye doctor...after wearing 2 week lens for 8 months, I decided that I had to go. They were my last pair of lens; there were tiny pieces around the edges missing...super nasty, yes I know. I'm bad at going to doctors...

I am now the proud owner of new contacts and fun/sey green glasses....that I love!

2 comments:

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Woo hoo! Personally, I'm a huge fan of gorgeous girls who wear glasses - definitely the sexy librarian look all the way, people!

Your cute green glasses sound adorable, my dear Dani. I'll bet you rock the bespectacled look :)

Mara said...

The sexy librarian and brainy chick looks are definitely hot--go ahead girl!

 
eXTReMe Tracker