Little Sicily Shares All...





Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The why is it not even 11:30? blog

I woke up this morning so sleepy, but I dragged myself out of bed at 4:30Am, put on my workout clothes, and made my way to the gym. This is the 4th week that I have been getting up at the crack of dawn to make it to the gym in the AM. For the most part I love it! It is an excellent way to start the day! I also love how empty the gym is in the morning; I feel like I have the whole place to myself.



I feel like my days all run into each other, and I'm not really doing much of anything. I can't believe that it is already June 23...at least the summer weather has finally arrived...sunny and 90. Got to love it!



I started reading A million Little Pieces by James Frey. It has been a while since I've read a book- I love reading, but haven't made enough time to read lately. The book is about James, who is an alcoholic and drug addict in a rehab clinic. I love reading about other people's lives probably explains why I read so many blogs...hahaha. The stories that he tells in the book (whether they all happened to him or not) are incredible and crazy and frustrating all at the same time. I don't know any alcoholics so I'm just amazed that people can actually function and live as they do.

I'm just hoping that he is able to recover and stay sober. I love having a happy ending, love reading about people overcoming and succeeding- gives me hope and faith in mankind.

5 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

I've attempted morning workouts, but laziness beats me in the end. :P

Getting close to 30.... said...

I tried to read that book a while back.. but I got wrapped up in other stuff. It is still sitting on my bookself. Did you enjoy it? Maybe I should try to read it again??

and 430am for a workout? Girl! More power to you. I can barely do 630am! lol

jeanette nicole* said...

Is this the book that was proven to be false later on? I wanted to read it when they were making the big brouhaha about it. Perhaps, I'll add it to my list of 100 Books in 100 Days initiative I'm starting. . .

Progressive Momma said...

Yes, this is that book...all his stories are true, but they didn't all happen to him. Either way, I think that it is good so far. Entertaining, that is for sure!

Morning work outs are not for everyone; but they seem to be working out for me. I love being able to do what ever I want to do after work with out having to worry about going to the gym, or deal with the guilt of not going!

Children of the 90s said...

I am incredibly impressed by your 4:30 AM wakeup. The only way I drag my lazy self to the gym is by changing at work at 5 every day and making myself drive straight there. You're my new workout role model!

 
eXTReMe Tracker