Little Sicily Shares All...





Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dating Chronicles # 6, the one who broke my heart


August '99 to August '00 Age 16-17 Senior Year

Jes was a good friend of one of my friends. I met him my junior year of high school; I actually had a class with him, but didn't really notice him...I was too busy giving googoo eyes to JMR.

Jes came to a turnabout dance with our group. My best girlfriends and I didn't go to the same high schools, but we'd all go to each other's dances. For this dance, I made KC be my date...I was anti boys at that time.

Jes was being set up with Mary; who really had no interest in going with him, but didn't want to miss out on the dance. Since Mary ditched him the whole dance, I thought it was my duty to step in and make sure that he had a good time. Jes was tall, super skinny, and not friends with any of the boys in our group. They were jerks to him, made fun of him, and acted like asses.

I had fun with Jes that night; it was the first time that I actually had talked to him, and I thought that he was so funny- still thought he was a total nerd, but a fun nerd.

After that night, I would talk to Jes every so often at school, we did have a class together, and since JMR was out of the picture, he wasn't as shy towards me. Summer came, and we would go out together in groups. I never really thought much about it, he was my friend and that was it. I thought that he was funny and cool.

One night, we all went to my friend's house; Jes was coming home from Florida and was coming over to hang out with us girls. He came in the door, and he was a different boy. He looked so handsome, so tan, and his smile was extra cute. That night I paid extra special attention to Jes; and flirted with him like I had never flirted before...

To be continued...

0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker