Little Sicily Shares All...





Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reminiscing: Expressway Boys

I was thinking about the good old days...I have so many fun random stories, I thought I'd share some.

July 17, 1999 "Expressway Boys"

Imagine a baby blue 1988 Astro van, all rusted up, with a group of drunk 16 year old girls. It's 1am, and we are cruising down 290. We're in prom dresses, because we're on our way home from a friend's cotillion. I, being the perve that I am, decide that it would be a great idea to start flashing the cars passing us by. My girlfriends all agree that this is the best idea ever. I'm in the front seat, flashing my boobs out the window, my friends are showing ass, boobs, and coochie. we're giggling like crazy and having a grand old time. Mary (the driver and sober one) is shaking her head and laughing at us...telling us we are retarded...and not to mess up her car.

A SUV of older guys drives past us and starts taking pictures...we don't like that, start screaming at them. What assholes...why would they take pictures of the random girls flashing on the highway, god don't they have any decency?

Do we stop, no, not at all...wait for the car. Whoo a group of cute boys...the flashing begins. They start talking to us. "Follow us to the exit, we want to talk to you girls." What do a group of hormonal teenagers do...exit and talk to the boys. They tell us that they are having a party at their house and that they live in Naperville (not too far from us). We put our heads together and decide that we should totally go. One friend runs and gets in the car with them...totally normal to get in the car full of strangers that you met on the highway by flashing!!!!

We follow them...to the corn fields of Naperville. At this point we're getting a little worried, after all, are girlfriend is in the car with them. Who ever thought that there are cornfields in Naperville. Slight panic settles in, but why would they lie to us...they seem like a great group of boys, and they are soooo cute.

We arrive to the "party." We walk in, prom dresses on and all, screaming and yelling about how cool we are. There is a group of girls who just stare at us, with looks of WTF and disgust. At this point, it's after 2am. I start to think about my parents...what shall I tell them- why am I going to be home so late. I keep bringing this up to my girlfriends, but they don't have crazy strict Italian parents. My friend keeps telling different boys to make out with me so that I will shut up - that and keep giving me more drinks.

It's 4am and the party is finally coming to an end. By this point, I have already kissed 3 boys. First time that I have kissed anyone who is not my boyfriend, and doing that 3 times in one night...I was exhausted. Though, I did get to make out with a boy that had a tongue ring...damn, the other girls will be so jealous.

I get home close to 5am, still drunk, and looking like a hot mess. My parents worried (this is before I had a cell), I tell them we got lost...really, really lost. They appear to buy it, and we all go to sleep (why we would choice to stay over at the strict girl's house is beyond me. Oh wait, I'm not allowed to sleep over at friend's houses). The next morning we wake up, we go and check out the Astro van...imprints of butts and boobs cover it.

Years later, we find out that the boys had not just graduated from high school, but rather were sophomores in college...




















Even back in the day I was all about scrapbooking. Pages from earlier in the night. I'm so sad that we did not think to take pictures at the party or of the Astro van the next day. That would have been classic.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this story! Don't teenage girls make the worst decisions? I've had nights like that, thinking back it's scary how those situations could have turned out...but they were fun!

 
eXTReMe Tracker