Little Sicily Shares All...





Friday, March 13, 2009

May the peace be with you

Most of us are afraid of death. The unknown of what happens to a person when they die. Is there a heaven? An after life, or does it just end. Your soul and spirit gone?

The father of a loved one passed the other day. Sadness surrounds me. I wish that I knew that right words to say, knew how to make him feel better. I'm truly horrible at expressing compassion; my sister reminds me of that all the time. I feel so much pain and hurt for him, his family, for the struggles of others, but I lack the ability to show my true feelings towards it all.

I think about my father. He is 66; still strong, healthy, still going 1000 miles per hour. The thought of him being gone brings tears to my eyes. I wouldn't know what to do with out him. My mother, bless her sole she would be so lost without him.

My words of condolence: I'm so sorry, he is no longer in pain, you will make it through this, I'm here for you. Generic I know, but I'm not sure what else to say, what to do to make it better. In a sense, I'm like a man, always looking for a way to fix the problem. Sometimes it just takes time, there is no fixing.

So I sit here, miles away, wishing that I could be there with him. Holding his hand, hugging him, making sure he knows that he is loved, that I am truly there for him.

Rest in Peace...

1 comments:

Katie said...

I think sometimes there is nothing you can say that doesn't sound generic. There really aren't any words in our language that are 100% right to say to someone who is grieving. Just let him know you're there and you're thinking of him.

And thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is cute too :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker