Little Sicily Shares All...





Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Making ends meet

I was watching the WGN news, and I'm now depressed. It is so sad for me to see so many people jobless, standing outside of a building waiting to apply. They had a story about a warehouse in Joliet needing 125 employees. Hundreds, if not thousands, showed up waiting in the rain and cold for a shot at the job. The openings are descent; union job paying a livable wage, so I'm not surprised that so many people showed up. It just makes me sad to think of how many people will be turned down. Jobless and searching for ways to make ends meet.

I know that I complain about my job often...don't most of us though? Plus when you have to deal with the craziness of my job: the angry, the rude, the scammers, the assholes who cruse me out...etc how could I not bitch about it. For example, today, I received a rather angry call from a man, who proceeded to yell at me because his wife was unemployed and I could not pay his claim. Even with all of that, I am thankful that I have a job to complain about. Coworkers to gossip to and about!!!

Speaking of coworkers...how the hell does a mouse get in your car...makes little babies (without you knowing) and infest your vehicle? That has go to be the nastiest, dirtiest, fucking gross ass car ever...ill gross.

I'm highly disgusted...just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

On a happier note, I was driving past a local bar and the sign read:
Lenten Specials: $5 Jager Bombs.

I love it!!!!

1 comments:

Jen Kucsak said...

You're lucky to have a job. Even if you always complain about it. Nice post :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker