Little Sicily Shares All...





Thursday, March 19, 2009

I spend how much?

Early today I signed up for an account through Mint.com. I had never heard of it before today; I was reading Working Girl and she wrote a post about it. It is a free service that you can use to make a budget and keep track of all your accounts and spending. I was very nervous at first, when it asked for my login pass codes for my bank and credit cards. I did some reading on it, and it is safe and secure.

I went ahead and signed up. It is amazing. It pulls all the info from all your banks, and accounts. It gives basic categories such as Auto & Transportation, Bills & Utilities, Food & Drinks, etc. You can also make your own subcategories...such as I made one named Condo Association. It is very easy to use, and I think that it will prove to be a very helpful tool. It even will send you an email when you have gone over your budgeted amount,

I know that I spend alot on unnecessary items, but it is ridiculous...when you see everything all in one place. I really want to be better with my spending habits, and I think that Mint will be my best friend right now!

1 comments:

Kylie said...

That's a great idea! I'm gonna hafta check it out!!

Love your blog!!

 
eXTReMe Tracker