Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, March 16, 2009

Denied

Since the economy has gone down the tube, I have found that people are submitting the most ridiculous claims and fighting tooth and nail when it is denied. Now, I understand that people are going through tough times, and I do not mean to discredit them, but honestly...common sense helps.

So here is my list of ridiculousness:
  • A man would like me to pay his car note for 2 months because he couldn't drive his car. He was already reinbursed $1000.00 for a rental vehicle. However, he wanted me to pay for his car because he could use it, but still had to pay for it.
  • A woman wrote me a long sob story about how she is looking for pain and suffering due to an accident. She went to her doctor ONE time and the total bill was about $300. She goes on to tell me that her Dr. believes that she is in pain due to her weight condition. Yet she is looking for $50K for pain and suffering?
  • A vehicle was parked in a public at your own risk parking lot. While the vehicle was parked, a squirrel started to chew through wiring of the vehicle (3rd party), they would like me to pay for the damages.
  • A woman drives too quickly over a speed bump. It is properly marked (nice bright yellow) and there is also a street sign warning of the bump. She damages the undercarriage of her vehicle. When I denied her claim she asked: "What am I supposed to pay attention to every bump and street sign? Am I supposed to slow down for all of them?" No joke!!! Also a 3rd party claim.
  • A suit was received, the Plaintiff alleged that Eminem, Beyonce, and our person were all trying to rape her all the time. She was looking for 5million to settle. WTF!!!!
I'm just amazed at what some people can come up with. For some a give an A for effort and creativity and if I could pay based off of that I would.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I was in Lowes yesterday and the cashier told me that someone got caught attempting to steal a chainsaw. A chainsaw??? What is wrong with people?

Progressive Momma said...

IDK why someone would think that they would get away with stealing a chainsaw...

I think that as the ecomony contuines to tumble people will do even crazier things.

It's so sad :(

MJW said...

The last one is a riot! People are a hoot. I work in the student loan business so I've heard about every excuse possible as to why people can't pay their bills! Seriously!!

 
eXTReMe Tracker