Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, February 23, 2009

Thoughts

Random thoughts that passed through my head today:
  1. Why do people believe that it is ok to throw garbage out of the window while they are driving...no it's not ok-don't pollute people.
  2. Why do people not know how to drive and talk on a cell phone...ok I know that there is plenty of research out there pointing to the fact that it really hinders driving, but if you can't handle it then do not do it. Do not drive 30 in a 45 in the left lane mind you!!!
  3. Why do people believe that it is acceptable to floss or cut your nails at your desk at work- it's not and that is uber gross.
  4. When will it be Spring?
  5. why do I still live in Illinois?
  6. I can't wait till Mary comes home...I miss her like crazy!!!
  7. Is it 4:30 yet?
  8. Is it Wednesday yet...Larry and Lost...yippy!!!
Ok that about sums it up. Well, besides for my search for a health club. I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with the Lisle PD or if I want to move onto bigger and better things. I do like the Lisle PD- it's small, to the point, in walking distance from my condo, and normally not too crowded, and cheap! it's also: too small so there is not alot of machines or variety. When people actually do show up, I'm waiting for the one of 3 treadmills. I guess you get what you pay for right?

I was thinking about maybe joining Edwards. It's still close to me- I could ride my bike there in warmer weather. It is nice and big, and has plenty of machines and a variety of them. I went and checked it out today, they have some of my favorite machines that I have been missing.

There is a $120 enrollment fee which is 60% off of their normal fee, and then $67 a month. I think that is alot...granted, I have never actually had to pay for my own membership to a gym thanks to my parents and the kindness of others. Maybe if I actually paid for it myself and saw the money that they are taking from me on a monthly basis, I would be more motivated to make sure I get my full dollars worth.

I went around 5 and it was not too crowded, which is good. Being that it is huge and nicely spread out, I doubt that it ever feels crowded in there...the parking lot was completely filled though. So I was surprised that it didn't feel crowded.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, new 20sb friend! I completely agree with #1 on your list - this is a huge pet peeve of mine and whenever I see people throwing stuff out of a car I want to drive up next to them and start yelling. I haven't yet though, for my own safety. :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker