Little Sicily Shares All...





Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Columbus Day

I went and saw the Chicago marathon yesterday- it was very inspiring. Over 33 thousand people ran in it- that is a lot of determination. As I watched the people run by, I kept thinking about how I could use more determination in my life. I was in awe.
I am taking steps to better myself. Becoming a complacent person has been a fear of mine. It happens, people get comfortable and get into a routine…08 has been an awakening year for me; and I want to make sure that I keep on participating in life on the daily. Giving myself new goals and challenges…to keep me on my toes.
I recently celebrated my 26th birthday…I can’t believe how fast time passes. When I was younger, I thought that I would be so old at 26. Being there now, I still feel like a kid. No need to grow up too fast right? It helps when you’re still best friends with the girls that you grew up with…I think that they keep me younger…keep the memories alive. I love it.
I read this book, Unhooked by Laura Sessions Stepp. It’s about the “hook up culture” and how it affects females. I recommend it; it is changing the way that I look at sex and love. I will be placing more emphasis on the love and not so much on the later. I look back at some of the “interesting” things that I have done and just wonder wtf was I thinking. Not that I regret anything that I have done…bc you live and you learn. I guess its part of growing up, but I just don’t want to give myself away to anyone. I want to know the person, respect them, share beliefs with them, love them…and then think about the other stuff.
I’m excited…this year I’m actually dressing up for Halloween…I’m going to be Wonder Woman…How fun!!! And it is a must that I go out on Halloween, since for the past several years I haven’t.
Enough random thoughts for now…

Updated Pixs:




0 comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker